Chamomile Tea Benefits

I used to wake up early in the morning and have my mug of black steaming coffee to jolt me up in order to start my day. But these days, I'm more relaxed and living a balanced life, I prefer sip my cup of warm fragrant chamomile tea while watching the sun rises.

What are chamomile tea benefits?
Chamomile tea comes from herb Matricaria recutita, also known as manzanilla. The word "chamomile" is derived from the Greek terms for "on the ground" (kamai) and apple (melon). There are two kinds of chamomile: German chamomile (Matricaria recutita) and English (or Roman) chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile). Its flowers and leaves have been brewed for centuries and drank as a fragrant and flavorful tea.

Both the fresh and dried flowers of chamomile have been used to create teas for centuries to cure various health problems. Now, researchers have found new evidence that the chamomile tea may actually help relieve a wide range of health ailments, including colds, insomnia, calming nerves, skin irritation and menstrual cramps. The active ingredient in chamomile essential oil is known as bisabolol, which has a number of anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties.

Well, I find the refreshing chamomile tea benefits are indeed true. It helps to calm my nerves, keeps my once irritating cold away and I definitely sleep better.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,