Running Barefoot Is Good For Your Sole

I like to share with you some interesting and health tips on running. Ever since I'm into healthy living, I have been running daily. Running alone gives time and space for myself away from my boisterous kids and my chore for awhile. It is definitely a great way to avoid stress.

Recently I tried running barefoot because I read that running barefoot is a better way to avoid those painful repetitive stress injuries to your heels. It says to be a more ‘natural’ way to run, will reduce the chances of injury, and may well make you faster. It is still inconclusive, but according to this good health tip, even well-cushioned sports shoes that help ­distribute weight across the foot cannot fully absorb the shock of those heavy pounding.

I know most of us definitely think that ­barefoot running is dangerous and hurts, but interestingly, the study found that ­actually you can run ­barefoot on the world’s hardest ­surfaces without the ­slightest ­discomfort and pain.

The researchers said that when we run barefoot, we have different strike, so our heels do not hit the ground, but rather landing instead on the sides or balls of their feet. According to bio-mechanics studies by a professor of bio-mechanics at the University of Calgary and a well-respected footwear researcher, barefoot runners tend to strike the ground further up on the foot. In shoes, most people are heel strikers; the back of their foot contacts the ground first. Whereas barefoot runners strike the ground closer to the front of the foot, near the toes, and are in contact with the ground for less time.

Personally I have always love running barefoot on sandy beaches or green fields. I love the feel of my bare soles touching the ground. Anyway, I would be running more tips to share with you.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,