How To Live Life To The Fullest

Hello and welcome to "Health Yourself To Happiness". 

Well, my name is Shirley Day and I am no medical doctor, therapist or some motivational guru

I am just an ordinary woman and a mother who has learned how to live life to the fullest . And I want to share with you my good health tips and how to achieve true happiness

And hopefully to bring joy, passion, and gusto back into your life.
health and happiness blogHealth And Happiness Blog To Be Shared

Having gone through life's trials and tribulations, now I see life from a very different perspective as compared to my turbulent days. 


I have witnessed birth of my own offspring and I have moaned death of my loved ones. I have encountered failed business, bad relationships, critical health problem and a tempestuous marriage. 

All those past experiences have enriched, enlightened and empowered me.

One thing is it is because of my love for reading which actually show me back to living a good life again. Those great self-improvement books are my source of knowledge and guidance. 


Having all the information and knowledge is not enough. You yourself have to take action. Results come from action.

The other guiding angel is those wonderful inspiring quotes about health and happiness. I have collected a good selection of these powerful words of wisdom which I would share with you.

Now I'm living the best time of my life, because I decided to bounce back to live a balanced life; of good health, happiness and full of laughter.

Now, I live a life on learning, loving, and laughing. 

I seize life and squeeze every drop of juice out of every precious moment which I’m having now. As they say, "Living well is the best revenge", I want to add more wonderful years to my life. 

Life is too short, so I don't take myself too seriously, and to try to shift my focus away from the self-pithy and self-destructive, and instead towards the truly important things in life.

Other than living a charmed life of resilience, living in the moment, optimism, humor, moderation, responsibility, meaning and connection, the two key aspects which centered my life are health and happiness.

Studies have shown that that happiness and other positive emotions play an even more important role in health. 

Do you know that when happy people contract a virus, or “catch a cold”, they report fewer symptoms and in fact, are less likely to contract the virus at all?

According to finding by Carnegie Mellon University Psychology Professor, Sheldon Cohen found people who are happy, lively, calm or show other positive emotions are less likely to become ill when they are exposed to a cold virus than those who report few of these emotions.

I always keep hearing or reading about people looking for happiness. 

But the truth is happiness is a state of mind, therefore the real source of happiness lies in the mind. Happiness is a choice. In other words, you yourself decide whether you want happiness or not.

authentic happiness by martin e p seligman
According to renowned psychologist-author Martin E P Seligman in his book "Authentic Happiness" is basically by identifying the very best in ourselves, so we can improve the world around us and achieve new and sustainable levels of authentic contentment, gratification, and meaning.

Following closely to happiness is laughter. Laughter is definitely a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. 

The best medicine, so to speak. The very sound of laughter can bring your mind and body back into balance. When laughter is shared, it binds people together and increases happiness and intimacy.

Humor and laughter strengthen your immune system, boost your energy level, reduce pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress.

In this wellness and well-being blog, I would like to share with you my own personal experiences on health and happiness, to inspire, to revitalize, and renew your passion for living a more meaningful and juicy life.

Yes, go on, live life to the fullest



[Image: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net]