Health Is Wealth

Today I would to share with you my personal experience of health and happiness. We keep hearing the adage: "Health is wealth." The problem with adage or old saying is, it sounds cliched and trite. This old saying "health is wealth" seems dated and meaningless to almost every one of us. We don't give a hoot, until the day when we are seriously down with illness or some critical health problem. Only then, you realize this old saying is not silly or cliched.

I know because I was one of those indifferent folks who always scoff at "health is wealth", until I had a heart attack. Then suddenly my life took a drastic turn. I went for angiogram test, and result showed I had coronary artery disease. I went through a painful, risky and expensive bypass surgery. I was given a second chance at life, so to speak.

My life has changed from that fateful day. Now I have to be wary of my diet and my daily activities. No more physical or mental stress. From that day onward, I view life very differently. I appreciate every living moment and never take things for granted now. The value of health is seldom known until it is lost.

Someone says count your heart beats, before you count your bucks. Always stay healthy, then only you have the chance to be wealthy and happy.