Enjoy The Serenity Of Solitude

serenity of solitudeYes, I know many of you dread of being alone. What if I tell you that you can find contentment of being alone? You see, being alone is different from being lonely. Solitude is a state of total relaxation, where one get to enjoy life all by oneself. Enjoy the serenity of solitude.

Personally, I used to be surrounded with lots of friends, family members and neighbors. But as I grow older and had gone through some rough patches in life (heart attack and broken marriage), I discovered the beauty, peacefulness and the joy of being alone. Before that I was so afraid of being alone. It was by chance, I found the serenity of solitude. Today I treasure and enjoy the freedom and the space in solitude.

I know it may sound strange to many of you. And some of you may ask, how to be happy alone. Isn't solitude unbearable? No, it need not be that bad. In fact, solitude provides me an inner calm and a vast space of freedom to myself. And with that, I can see and think better. I am not crowded and clouded with many unnecessary distractions and trivialities.

Do not be mistaken solitude as isolation. It is just a temporarily created mental state of free from all your problems, worries and clutters of everyday life. It is voluntary moment of sheer tranquility and happiness. Try it today and I am sure you will find the many benefits of solitude, just like me.