Live Life Consciously And Happily

Are you living your life consciously? When I was in my twenties, I felt immortal. Like many young girls of my age, I was in the pink of health and with hormones raging inside me. Yes, I was ever raging to go out and have fun. There were so many exciting things on my mind, and certainly health was low in the list.

Then came thirties, I was caught up with my career and a bad marriage. I was mired in the so-called no-time-no-money phrase. With a broken marriage, and as a single mum, I had to slough and struggle to make ends meet.

When I hit forties, it started taking a toll on my health. That was when I had a heart attack. All this while, I was overindulged and overworked. Worked late into the wee hours of the morning, and had to take care of my child. I was too busy trying to sort out all the urgent things in life, but forgot the most important one. My health.

I remembered waking up each morning, dragging myself out of bed, grabbing whatever food was available for breakfast. I struggled to stay awake in the bus each morning on my way to work. And that time I felt I was seventy year-old lady. Not only physically drained, but my mind was numbed and devoid of any feeling.

After my sudden heart attack, I decided to change my life. As they say, we are where we are because of the things we did in the past and there is there nothing you could do about it. And if I continue to do the same thing, I knew my life was going to end predictably.

I decided to change the path of my life. No more walloping in self pity and keep blaming others for my own life. As I have mentioned in my last post, those motivational and affirmation stuff which I had read helped me to see the light.

These days, I live consciously, so I take control of my life and I can see the truth more clearly, and learn how to take responsibility for the choices I make. So, I am able to reach my full potential and live a simple life of utter happiness and good health. No more drifting through life in limbo.

Now I understand how my action or behavior affects both the physical and the emotional state of yourself and those you interact with as well. I have learned to add life to my years and not years to my life. It is time for you to live life consciously too.