Seven Unhealthy Foods To Avoid Eating

Today I want to share with you those unhealthy foods to avoid eating. Before I had my coronary bypass surgery, I didn't bother much about what I consumed. I gorged on all kinds of unhealthy, high-cholesterol, fat-laden processed food. Soda, instant noodles, fries, etc.

unhealthy foods to avoidThese day, I don't buy any processed and packaged food from the supermarket. I only purchase real food. Fresh produce from the local farmers' market. The only meat I consume are fresh fish and skinless chicken meat. They say it is fine to eat everything in moderation. But there are foods which I don't put into my body anymore. I choose to live a happy and healthy life. Here are seven unhealthy food which I avoid them like plague.

1. The So-called "Low Fat Foods"

Be it cookies, salad dressings, cheese, and other processed foods labeled as low-fat. From what I read, these "low-fat" bland foods are substituted with sugar and salt to add flavor.


2. Sugar-Packed Soda
Do you know that a can of soda drinks contain about 7 to 10 teaspoons of sugar? It is reported that by drinking two soft drinks a week can double a person’s risk of getting pancreatic cancer. Of course you should know that these sugar-laden drinks with caffeine and artificial coloring can lead you to overweight, cardiovascular disease, tooth decay and diabetes. Say no to this "liquid candy".

3.Processed Meat

If possible, one should avoid eating processed meat which is preserved by smoking, curing, or salting. They contain lots of chemical preservatives, salt, fat, and cholesterol. As you know all these bad ingredients can cause hypertension, obesity, heart disease, and colon cancer.

4. Unhealthy Doughnuts
I have stopped eating sweet high-calorie glazed doughnuts long time ago. They are filled with trans fat, sugar, hydrogenated oil, artificial flavors and refined flour.

5. Frozen Meals
This is another processed food which is very popular with many of us. These frozen meals are overloaded with calories. Some of these so-called diet version frozen foods are in fact very high in sodium.


6. Potato Chips And French Fries

Yes, I know they are yummy, but they are deadly too. These snack foods when they are baked or fried in high temperature, they contain acrylamide and neurotoxin. According to research, people who are exposed to hig levels of acrylamide, can get nerve damage. Exposure to neurotoxin can cause dizziness, seizure or strokes. Then of course these junk foods are very high in trans fat.

7. Canned Soup
Take your time to make your own soup, rather than consuming canned soups which you get them from your neighborhood grocery store. These processed canned soups are high in trans fats, sodium and artificial preservatives (MSG).