Happy And Healthy, But Not Lucky

I know some of you out there may say that I was merely lucky to be what I am today. Happy and healthy. Well, haven't you heard of, the harder you work, the luckier you become?

All this while, I don't believe in good luck or otherwise. Yes, no doubt today I am living the time of my life, but back when I was a struggling single mum, I had to work my fingers to the bone. Yet, I did not point my finger at anyone or at circumstances. I had to put in long hours, seven days a week to eke out a living and brought up my child singly after a broken marriage. Then I got myself into a messy relationship, had a sudden heart attack and a failed home based business. A messed up life, I would say.

Well, if I had solely relied on the so-called luck, I would not be where or what I am today. I was constantly looking for ways to stay afloat ding a kinds of odd jobs to keep our live afloat. Loads of hard work and lots of sacrifices and not LUCK!

I would dare say it was those years of reading books on motivation and personal improvement which got me out from the pit. I decided to do something about my life. It was the decision of wanting to reclaim my life back which saved me and set me forth on a road of happiness and good health. I put the decision into action and transformed my decision into specific plan of action steps. Then I executed my plan.

It was my heart attack which got me thinking about health. All this while, just like most you, I took for granted. I just gorged on junk food and hardly did any exercise. The pain and the price I paid for my cardiac problems really set me thinking about my own life. From that eventful day, I have been eating nutritious and healthy food. And do my daily exercise.

As for my financial plan, I spend within my means. Back then, I bought and I'm still buying fresh produce at the farmers' market. These days I do some of my shopping at a local health food store. I try to stay away from processed food, buy only fresh healthy ones. I make out a my grocery list, so I know what I am spending. Of course once a while I do indulge within my means. I do not have to own a a car to get around where I live. We have a reasonably good public transportation and besides, I love walking.

Just a few months ago, I settled my home mortgage. I don't owe anybody a single cent; no revolving credit, no debt, no interest. It may sound sugar and spice, but I paid my dues, my friend. As I have said, I acted on my decision and stay positive as I trudged and tripped till I was out financial difficulties and life's tribulations.

At my age, my top priorities in life are good health and peace of mind. Now each day, I sit at my airy veranda, sipping my cup of refreshing chamomile tea, enjoying the moment of my life. I am grateful I had made the right decision in my life and learning to move on. As what Robert Frost said, life goes on....

My personal advice for living happy and healthy life are:

1. Eat And Drink Healthy Stuff

2. Sense Of Humor

3. Exercise Daily

4. Enough Sleep And Rest

5. Plan And Organize

6. Live In The Present moment

7. Be Positive