Heard Of Fast Healthy Food?

Today I'm going to share with you on healthy food options. I am no health freak, but I believe in eating in moderation and I do indulge in fast food once a while. But what I do is I would make better and healthier choices in my selection of fast food. Or what I call fast healthy food.

Tips for healthy eating at fast food restaurants:
I always make sure to check out the descriptions on the menu. A big no-no for me are dishes which read deep-fried, pan-fried, basted, batter-dipped, breaded, creamy, crispy, scalloped, Alfredo, au gratin or in cream sauce. They are usually high in calories, unhealthy fats or sodium. I go for items with more vegetables and choose leaner meats.

When it come to drink, I almost never go for soda. It is a huge source of hidden calories. Do you know a 32-oz Big Gulp with regular cola pack about 425 calories? I normally do is I add a little lemon to flavor my plain water or I simply order an unsweetened iced tea.

Another one of the many good health tips is beware of salad dressings, spreads, cheese, sour cream, etc. They appear innocent, but actually they are loaded with calories. One of my favorite healthy food options is I ask for a grilled chicken sandwich without the mayonnaise. Probably I may squeeze a bit of ketchup or mustard on it.

Always ask for your vegetables and main dishes to be served without the sauces. If you want, then go for olive oil and vinegar for your salads. But if you go for it, then be smart, order the dressing "on the side" and spoon only a small amount on at a time.

Another one of the healthy food options is go for smaller portion size. At a typical fast food restaurant, a single serving provides enough for two meals. What I do is bring half home or divide the portion with a dining partner. Another trick is order from th kid's menu.

Basically I am very conscious at what I eat. I bite and chew my food thoroughly and avoid eating on the run. Being conscious also means knowing when to stop eating before I'm full. Conscious eating get you digest better, and makes you feel more satisfied.

Whatever your healthy food options, go for moderation. Know what you put into your mouth and enjoy your dining out experience, while maintaining good nutrition and diet control.
I know many fast food chains do have nutritional information on their websites. But the lists are often confusing and difficult to use. What I suggest is you go to other more useful sites like HealthyDiningFinder.com or Stop&Go Fast Food Nutrition Guide .

Or get this 400-page guide "EAT THIS, NOT THAT: THE BEST (AND WORST) FOODS IN AMERICA" written by Men's Health editor-in-chief David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,