Heart Attack Warning Signs You Should Know

Before I had my coronary heart problem, I did not bother much about heart attack warning signs. I had never read or find out more about this silent killer.

After all, I didn't gorge on high cholesterol junk food, consume food or drink laden with excess sodium. The only things were, I didn't exercise, and I was living a sedentary lifestyle. Since I didn't have any health problems, I didn't go for medical checkup. Like many folks, I thought it would never happen to me. Anyway, I was not overweight, having any chest pain or shortness of breath. I thought heart attacks are just like those featured in movies; those sudden and intense where the victims felt pain and grabbed their chests and collapsed.

After I was diagnosed of having coronary heat problem, then only I found more about heart attack warning signs and symptoms from my doctor. Not all heart attacks are sudden and intense like what we see in the movies. Some will just appear slowly with mild pain or discomfort, which what had happened to me.

It was from my own experience with an heart attack, I came to know terms like angina, ECG (electrocardiogram), Thrombolysis, (PCI) Percutaneous coronary intervention, coronary angioplasty, etc.

Anyway, here are some common heart attack warning signs:

- When you feel discomfort pressure squeezing in the center of the chest.

- When you feel discomfort in other areas of the upper body, like neck, jaw and both arms.

- When you are having shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.

- When you break out in a cold sweat, feeling nausea

For many of us, we feel that all the above symptoms are just normal when we are not feeling well, may not serious warning signs of a heart attack.

Anyway, if you are suffering from any of these or all of these symptoms, you should quickly call 9-1-1 or get help from someone who happens to be in the vicinity.

For those of you who are not sure it's a heart attack sign, I strongly advise you to go for check up. Tell your doctor about your symptoms. I did not know all these heart attack warning signs before, and it nearly cause my life. So take it from me, read more about heart attack and its warning signs.