Simple Pleasures In Life Quotes

We are all so caught up in the rush and clutter of modern life, that we have forgotten to delight in the day-to-day simple pleasures in life. Small simple delights may seem nothing at the time, but when you look back or look deeper, you will realize it is the accumulation of these simple pleasures that make life enjoyable and memorable.

simple pleasures in life quotesBefore I was diagnosed with coronary heart disease, I took simple pleasures in life for granted. For instance, as simple as sipping a cup of coffee in the quiet corner in the downtown cafe, enjoying a good book, strolling by the serene lake near my house or watching raindrops trickling from the roof of my garden shed. They were trivial and insignificant.

Until when I had my bypass surgery, then only I realized that I might not get to enjoy all these simple pleasures. The popular phrase "life is short" is meaningful to me now and it is not just some bumper sticker or wall poster.

When I was lying alone in the hospital, feeling miserable and worried, then it dawned to me life is all I have. Not just about my job, my car or my next hot date. From then, I started to appreciate living in the moment and indulge in the bliss of simple pleasures in life. Now I want to
live life to the fullest.

Here are some of my favorite simple pleasure quotes which could inspire to appreciate the simple things in life:

"With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures and some books, I live without envy." - Lope de Vega

"Simple pleasures are always the last refuge of the
complex" - Oscar Wilde 

"Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires." - Lao-Tzu 

"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." - Thoreau 

"Most of the critical things in life, which become the starting points for human destiny, are little things." - R. Smith

"We do not remember days, we remember moments.
" -
Cesare Pavese

"The little things? The little moments? They aren't little.
"
- John Zabat-Zinn

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and
realize they were the big things."  - Robert Brault 

"You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only
what you really need." - Vernon Howard

"The aspects of things that are most important to us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity." - Ludwig Wittgenstein